Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Characters new to the reboot and/or very different from their pre-boot selves. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Characters new to the reboot and/or very different from their pre-boot selves.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:
Tinya had a counsellor who was from Gym'll's world. I'd have to check the back issue to get her name.

McCauley had a feline woman receptionist.

Dr. Ryk'rr, she started as Ferro's psychologist.

And, Weeden worked for President Brande, not McCauley.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Nightcrawler!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry if no-one agrees with my opinon but here's what I think:
Magno:is a slight post-boot Magnetic Kid
Shikari:I think is kinda a post-boot Dawnstar
Inferno:Is a post-boot Sun Boy

From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
And some suggest continuity obsessions among fanboyish types are on their way out! {wicked grin}

I'll belie that myself by posting again, in passing, why Shikari is NOT Dawnstar: Differences in planets, wings, attitudes, reasoning abilities, learning abilities, vocabulary range, libido, origins, societal dynamics, scope of invulnerability, hyperspace use, and essential Legion-use powers. That's just the SHORT list.

(Heroism and fortitude are not among their differences. And I'll be the first one disappointed if Shikari is retconned / rebooted / re-launched out of the picture.)

We all make exceptions ... Dawny's my sister, after all.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not even gonna argue.
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Sparkonly had the Light Lass abilities for a few issues and now her lightning power is stronger than Garth's.

Brainiac 5's forcefield is an internal power now.

Umbra is edgier than Shadow Lass ever was, and I don't remember preboot Tasmia ever fighting like Umbra has! Add her amped up darkfield to the list too.

M'Onel's lead serum doesn't counteract the effect of red sunlight, unlike in the Adventure run.

Dirk Morgna, as far as I know, has never exhibited womanizing tendencies.

The Legion Academy was closed down after only a short period of time, although there are Legion cadets now on Legion World. Also, this Legion never used flight belts. Both the stargate and the [/b]threshold[/b] are also new inventions. And time travel was never outlawed in the preboot, was it?

Andromeda wasn't a xenophobe, and certainly wasn't a nun, preboot.

Rond Vidar doesn't have honorary or reserve Legionnaire status now, and no relationship to Universo has been confirmed.

Doctor Regulus is currently deceased as of now.

Mano is motivated by vengeance now, not greed. At least, he was in the early reboot...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Chameleon wasn't from the high priest's bloodline before, and Leviathan is now from Mars and Karate Kid from the "Omega Colony", whereas both were from Earth preboot.

Braal and Titan being at war is exclusively reboot, while the Braal-Imsk war is a preboot thing.

The Dark Circle member planets are different this time around, Sklar was never destroyed preboot and the Brain Globes are now a G'ildishpan/G'ildan subspecies.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Proty is now Lori Morning's pet, not Cham's.

Evolvo is now in the Workforce, and not with the Heroes of Lallor.

Dreamer is the first precognitive Naltorian in seven generations, according to one of her first reboot appearances, but pretty much all Naltorians had some degree of precognitive ability preboot.

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Proty is now Lori Morning's pet, not Cham's.

Don't you think the Proties being artificially-created lifeforms, rather than a naturally-occuring species is a bigger change? [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
There was no Jancel Ardeen in the Pre-boot, right?

And it looks like we'll have a THIRD set of new/very different charecters come December. [Frown]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
We haven't seen Metal Monsters on Braal, yet.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bicycle Repair Man:
Kinetix (unless you consider her the reboot version of Quislet [Wink] )

Actually, I believe that she was intended to be the reboot Life Lass. Note that even the few glimpses we have seen postboot of the Lallorian heroes, Life Lass has never been seen.

quote:

Shikari (unless you consider her the reboot version of Dawnstar, which DnA have stated was not their intention)

They lie. She is the postboot Dawnstar. DnA just said that becasue they knew Grey would hunt them down and kill them

quote:

[Violet has both shrinking and growing powers.

I'd call that a development, not a reboot change. Vi was initially rebooted esentially the same.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Valor the M'Onel:
Sorry if no-one agrees with my opinon but here's what I think:
Magno:is a slight post-boot Magnetic Kid
Shikari:I think is kinda a post-boot Dawnstar
Inferno:Is a post-boot Sun Boy

I would say Inferno is the reboot Beauty Blaze
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
And some suggest continuity obsessions among fanboyish types are on their way out! {wicked grin}

I'll belie that myself by posting again, in passing, why Shikari is NOT Dawnstar: Differences in planets, wings, attitudes, reasoning abilities, learning abilities, vocabulary range, libido, origins, societal dynamics, scope of invulnerability, hyperspace use, and essential Legion-use powers. That's just the SHORT list.

(Heroism and fortitude are not among their differences. And I'll be the first one disappointed if Shikari is retconned / rebooted / re-launched out of the picture.)

We all make exceptions ... Dawny's my sister, after all.

But they are both fircely independent winged creatures from nomadic cultures that can survive in a vacuum and have tracking powers over intersteller distances.

If Shikari is not the reboot Dawny, I would say that she certainly precludes Dawny ever appearing in this particular reality.

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't kill, but I do dissect {grin}

"fiercely independent": Shikari is tied to those of her species far more than Dawnstar was to others of her (sub)species. That the events of "Lost" and afterwards took her away from her people, until others came to run the transport system, helped drive Shikari's character dynamics -- as much as we saw of them, anyway.

"winged creatures": Yes, they both have wings. The differences in physiology and design are considerable, though. Dawnstar could manipulate air, but didn't rely upon doing so. Shikari couldn't do so at all. Dawnstar couldn't hide her wings, Shikari can.

"from nomadic cultures": Starhaven was not a nomadic culture. Dawny's forebears migrated to a new home, and some had the abilities to make money through interstellar navigation, but that doesn't make them "nomads." (Many American Indian cultures were not nomadic. We don't know which ones produced the Starhavenites, and that was a weakness -- a lack of detail -- that hurt Dawny as a character.)

"that can survive in a vacuum": Shikari needs an exoskeleton-at-will to do this. Dawnstar did not.

"tracking powers": Dawny had tracking powers, finding again what was known about already -- and not pathfinding powers, to find what was as yet not known about. Shikari, the reverse. Subtle but distinct abilities.

"over interstellar distances": True for both, but only Dawnstar could traverse those interstellar distances under her own (hyperspatial warp) abilities. Shikari had to rely on others' creations and help, whether with space vehicles or Threshold gates.

{ If Shikari is not the reboot Dawny, I would say that she certainly precludes Dawny ever appearing in this particular reality. }

From being on the Legion team? Perhaps. (Well, until Waid and Kitson dissolve the "team.") From being in this particular reality? Not at all. Unless every race or subspecies depicted is supposed to be represented in the Legion, and we haven't seen that yet in any storylines.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.