Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Keene Observations (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Keene Observations
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
My latest theory is that Thomas Keene is the "man at the center" of Nura's dream.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
You could have the solution. Certainly rejuvium would have interstellar war-generating potential in a society battling its youth.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Little known fact:

Aged prospector Thomas Keene was named for B-Western star Tom Keene, most remembered these days for his appearance in Plan 9 From Outer Space, and who had died a year or so before his appearance in the comic!

<Note: I have no idea if this is true or not, but it actually sounds kind of plausible!>

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I first thought of Carolyn Keene, author of the Nancy Drew series when I read the title of this thread. Nancy Drew meets the Legion! It could happen! I'm sure Saturn Girl was modeled after the flaxen-haired girl detective.

What did they use to make Ma and Pa Kent young back in the day? Maybe Superboy smuggled some rejuvium back home with him in the pocket of his cape.

What did they use in that [atrocious] Grell era story that required Superboy to be brainwashed so he wouldn't get his hands on it to make his parents young [again]?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, remember I used to do Holo Model competitions over at Bits alla time? Keene was in one of 'em!

Hmmm.... where'd I put that link?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Ah! Here it is...
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000852

He's hanging out with powerhouses Glorith, Emerald Empress and Dream Girl. I guess he has a product they're all interesed in!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I first thought of Carolyn Keene, author of the Nancy Drew series when I read the title of this thread.

Carolyn Keene = Mildred Wirt Benson, famous Toledoan. [Big Grin]
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I knew Carolyn Keene was a pen name, but had no idea what her real name was.

Actually I just looked on Wikipedia and it says she was only one (but the most prolific) of many ghost writers who wrote Nancy Drew under that pen name. I always thought the Nancy Drew characters and plots were remarkably similar to the Hardy Boys mysteries and always wondered as a kid if they were written by the same author using different pen names and different sexes in order for the characters to appeal to both boys and girls. Now I know why they were so similar. According to Wikipedia, both series were "created and outlined in detail ... by Edward Stratemeyer, founder of the Stratemeyer Syndicate"

There's a great book series spoofing both of them called Nancy Clue and the Hardly Boys, where Nancy and the boys are all gay. Never read it but it sounds hilarious:

"With their fearless crime-fighting, good manners, and manly fashion sense, the Hardly boys are the pride of Feyport, Illinois. In A Ghost in the Closet, dark-haired, muscular Frank and his lovable kid brother Joe return... "

I wonder if the Straightmeyer Syndicate are their arch enemies! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Ah! Here it is...

He's hanging out with powerhouses Glorith, Emerald Empress and Dream Girl. I guess he has a product they're all interesed in!

I just revisited that thread, and had a ball... I miss the holomodels stuff!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Ah! Here it is...

I just revisited that thread, and had a ball... I miss the holomodels stuff!
You are not the only one.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

If only I had the time!

:coy: Didn't someone somewhere mention that Lash could create holo model contests? /:coy:

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.