Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion sales (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion sales
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My list above is updated with the preliminary ranking for The Legion #28 for December, 2003.

[edit note: reposted below for easy of navigation]

The Legion #28 actually went up in sales from #27, almost matching #26 sales. It will be interesting to see the actually number for the month for all titles to see where The Legion really falls.

[ January 09, 2004, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Here are The Legion's numbers from last December through last month. The figures for November are estimates and are provided from ICV2.

December
82   27.25  LEGION  #28  $2.50

November
81   27.52  LEGION  #26  $2.50  26,635
86   26.52  LEGION  #27  $2.50  25,667
119  19.87  Secret Files 3003  $4.95  19,231

October
87   25.97  LEGION  #25  $3.95  30,440

September
94   19.69  LEGION  #24  $2.50  22,653

August
98  15.27  LEGION  #23  $2.50  22,466

July
101  15.68  LEGION  #22  $2.50  22,987

June
92   16.10  LEGION  #21  $2.50  22,749

May
92   16.09  LEGION  #20  $2.50  23,184

April
97   15.20  LEGION  #19  $2.50  23,214

March
90   17.14  LEGION  #18  $2.50  23,180

February
75   18.39  LEGION  #17  $2.50  23,005

January
71   19.78  LEGION  #16  $2.50  23,744

December
85   21.90  LEGION  #15  $2.50  23,962

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Do most "Secret Files" issues sell less than the main book? This one was a bit of a slump. Looks like they've bumped up by about 3000 copies relative to last year. That seems fairly significant given the base - most businesses would be happy with a year-to-year sales increase of over 10%.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Files probably would sell less, since they cost more and aen't that essential to the current storyline. Least, that's what I think. Wonder what could account for the increase in sales from 27 to 28, though, when 27 decreased from 26?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Wonder what could account for the increase in sales from 27 to 28, though, when 27 decreased from 26?

Retailers ordered higher than usual on #25 due to the appearance of Superboy, and it being an anniversary issue.

Issues #26 & 27 were ordered before retailers saw the actual sales results in their stores for #25. Therefore, retailers naturally cut their orders for each subsequent issue from #25.

Since #28 went back up again, I think we can assume that actual sales on #25 were better than retailers thought they might be, and so bumped their order on #28 up somewhat.

It will be interesting to see where sales fall over time now that it has been announced that DnA are leaving.

Also, flash-forward 20-years. Expect Legion collectors trying to complete their runs to, in general, have a harder time finding copies of #26 & 27 than other surrounding issues. The same phenomemoa holds true for 2nd & 3rd issues of many series, especially from the Golden and early Silver ages.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion's definitely better. There's just really an avalanche of mini-series right now on the major lists (JSA All-Stars, 1602, Ultimate Six, etc.)

Actually, it seems like the new trend is having a season 2, ala Legion Lost & Legion Worlds, or more recently, The Ultimates. I think it has something to do with putting books into trades, but that's just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
If Marvel's claims for UFF1 sales ("over 200K") are accurate, then L28 sold at least 28850 copies (Although this only matches up with other icv2 figures if its confined solely to NA comic shop sales).

And an interesting thing I just noticed is that SF&O's have STAR rather than month (e.g. OCT) codes. Which means that they're kept available for reorder the same way as TPBs are. Maybe that's another reason why their sales are lower.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
If Marvel's claims for UFF1 sales ("over 200K") are accurate, then L28 sold at least 28850 copies (Although this only matches up with other icv2 figures if its confined solely to NA comic shop sales).

Not sure what you are getting at here. The Diamond Index figure is a percentage of Batman's sales. That's why the Diamond Indenx for UFF should be over 100. There shoud be no way to otherwise extrapolate Legion's sales numbers from those of UFF.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes there is, just multiply it by 27.25/188.73

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Here are the figures for the 5 Secret Files that hit the Top 300 during 2003. The Teen Titans/Outsiders had sales spread over two months, the only one to do so.

Legion Secret Files 3003 19,231 November $4.95
Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files 2003 4,046 November $5.95
Superman/Batman Secret Files 2003 41,224 October $4.95
Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files 2003 41,118 October $5.95
Birds of Prey Secret Files 2003 16,569 June $4.95
Aquaman Secret Files 2003 19,313 March $4.95

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
We got beat out by Aquaman. [Roll Eyes]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

But only by 82 issues. I can accept that. What I can't accept is the ultra-crappy Teen Titans/Outsiders outselling every Secret Files. That's just sickening.
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
We got beat out by Aquaman. [Roll Eyes]

He wasn't in the orange shirt then tho. If it happened now he's being stuck back in it, that'd be another matter...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
If I may be permitted a moment of blashpemy...

I think I'm currently enjoying both Outsiders & Teen Titans MORE than Legion.

(of course, LEGION will always be my all-time favorite, but...)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll forgive you for the Titans Lash but not the Outsiders. [Razz]

Actually, I've not picked up the Outsiders and only a few issues of the Titans. But it was their Secret Files that I found truly horrible.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.