Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION #26 thoughts! (SPOILERS) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LEGION #26 thoughts! (SPOILERS)
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
But Kon had one proudly displayed to remind us he can't breathe in space.

Which is odd, because -- upon rereading it -- I realized that he was still wearing the transsuit when the "S" emblem from his shirt was ripped off by the dark servant. Wouldn't that have torn the transsuit too? I dunno... it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but anything that disrupts one's suspension of disbelief takes a little away from the story.

All in all, though, I've liked this story arc so far -- and I'm glad that we only have to wait two more weeks before the next installation (and only one more week before the next Legion fix)...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
quote:
But Kon had one proudly displayed to remind us he can't breathe in space.

Which is odd, because -- upon rereading it -- I realized that he was still wearing the transsuit when the "S" emblem from his shirt was ripped off by the dark servant. Wouldn't that have torn the transsuit too? I dunno... it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but anything that disrupts one's suspension of disbelief takes a little away from the story.

All in all, though, I've liked this story arc so far -- and I'm glad that we only have to wait two more weeks before the next installation (and only one more week before the next Legion fix)...

You are totally right about that Stu. It was shown on his right arm when the servant ripped off his shirt. Maybe the new transsuits allow for that somehow. The old ones allowed various powers to still work from within and were not damaged by attacks from without.

See, this is what we need a Secret Files to do. Not just give us a story with pretty pin-ups. Give us a lowdown on the tech (flight rings, transsuits, omnicoms, etc) too. Otherwise little things like this just build up.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and my earlier comment about Tasmia and Jeka not having a transsuit band was incorrect. I'm making a wallpaper out of the splash page on on their initial appearance from the Threshold they are shown with one. So its is just inconsistency throughout with the use of the band.

I'll post the image once I'm down tweaking it.

[ November 13, 2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Here it is. I'll probably save one as an 800x600 and as 1024x768. Anyone else have different preferences? Maybe if I can get my site back up I'll load it to my Wallpapers section.

-

[ November 13, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree that tearing Superboy's emblem off would've opened his transuit and put him in a world of hurt if he can't survive in space, but I've come to expect D&A's lapses.

LOVED the interior art. HATED the cover. I'd love to have that 2 page spread as my desktop picture. Can somebody email a scan of it to me?

I was pretty happy with this issue overall. Gorgeous artwork, multiple plotlines, scarey new servants of darkness. I too would've liked to see Ayla's and Mekt's reaction to Jarth at the very least, if not the rest of the team. And Cub Nah's status should've been addressed too, though i'm getting bored with that drawn out subplot and wish they'd wrap it up already.

I also wish we'd see more of Gates, K Kid, XS, and some of the other little-used characters of late. And what's up with Kinetix these days? Hopefully she'll be dark servant fodder and that'll be the end of her at last.

How about that scan, Lightning Lad?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

What size do you want Jim? I can scale it to any normal desktop setting. Just let me know and I'll e-mail you a copy. And if you don't prefer it as dark as I have above I can adjust that too.
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for my new wallpaper, Scott! Pretty!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Thanks for my new wallpaper, Scott! Pretty!

Hey Jeffy! You know, I can do it so it'll fit perfectly on your screen if you just tell me what dimensions you need. I shrank the copy above so as not to cause too much trouble with those posting here. I'm more than glad to make personalized copies for anyone who asks. Hell I'm goofing off enough today anyway just playing with the scan. [Big Grin]
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
It's cool, I just blew it up to full-screen size. The dimensions of the picture were perfect.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
You are totally right about that Stu. It was shown on his right arm when the servant ripped off his shirt. Maybe the new transsuits allow for that somehow. The old ones allowed various powers to still work from within and were not damaged by attacks from without.

Maybe they automatically reseal themselves or the band instantly generates more when it detects a break or rip.

But just to make things easy, they should incorporate the transuit band tech into their L* belt buckles -- no more pesky arm bands to keep track of and they're an eyesore anyway.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:

Maybe they automatically reseal themselves or the band instantly generates more when it detects a break or rip.

But just to make things easy, they should incorporate the transuit band tech into their L* belt buckles -- no more pesky arm bands to keep track of and they're an eyesore anyway.

But don't you remember the good old days Drake?

-

This is the way it should be done. [Big Grin]

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Except she's putting it ON....

"TAKE IT OFF!!!" [Big Grin] <waves creds frantically>

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:

Well, TnT completely forgot about the armbands last issue... then again, they kept forgetting about the belt buckles/flight rings too...

And remember back in issue 6 (?) - the return to the Kwaiverse one with the Credo. Spark gets her transuit torn, and makes a show of having to patch it (don't quite "get" why - they weren't exactly in space @ the time).

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annoying Lad
Legion Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annoying Lad   Email Annoying Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Why don't they just stick the frelling "Superboy and" in the title like they clearly want to
Don't tease a pre-crisis lover like that! LOL
From: Chicago burbs, IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i actually enjoyed this issue more than any in awhile.
it's fun to get a bi-weekly dose of legion again!
-though i still have some reservations on batista's art, there are several stunning shots in this story. the best is the 2 page flying group shot shown previously. whatever you think of sensor's new look, you gotta admit batista does a great job with her. using that tail for great compositions and action shots...
-the "hand shirt" worn by kon is supposed to be borrowed from karate kid. notice kon's boots are a pair of ultra boy's. that hand emblem is an homage to a reader designed costume for KK back in the Action back-up days, although the t-shirt color should be white.
-a number of legionnaires are giving up the stripe down the middle style of uniform. KK, Umbra, Dreamer, Superboy...didn't batista say he was designing new costumes for Mon and KK?
-i agree, i did find the dropping of various pending plotlines disturbing...Cub? Tinya/Jo fighting? reaction to "Jarth"? Mekt? Cos and Jaz's date?
-i could understand the starry-eyed reaction to Kon from the public. it's not so much about him personally as a hero, but just the fact that he's a member of the "S" family. any religion or social movement would go crazy.
-the legion really needs a private main meeting room again. ..making top secret strategic decisions with all those people around isn't too bright, not too mention the chaos...
-although i liked the subtle, ominous time warping effecting Jaz (who has time powers), i am a little tired of the "what is reality" manipulating after all of Universo's shenanigan's. this explains why she'll be stepping down as leader in this arc.
- overall i'm looking forward to more developments in this storyline...

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.