Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » 'LIVEWIRE' spotted in a COMIC out now ...... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 'LIVEWIRE' spotted in a COMIC out now ......
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hee, that's funny.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, it's a recent issue of Avengers, but what is the issue number?
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
# 69, "Red Zone, part 5", with Iron Man holding the skeleton of Cap in his arms.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE that!!! I think it is OBVIOUS from this that Olivier misses working on a book as fulfilling artistically as the Legion...

Come on home, Olivier!!!

(We won't make you waste your entire storyarc on a bunch of ugly green containment suits, that's for dang sure...)

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Matthew, as if I needed any more reasons to love you! That is great and it is an issue I do have. Just found it! Thankfully I hadn't put my regular books over to storage yet so I was able to grab it and toss it in with my latest Legion stuff. That was just too cool. Thanks!

it's cool isn't it !!!!

when he told me, he didn't say where GARTH was featured .... so when i got home i looked at each page, there were a few scenes i thought were GARTH [ the guy in the bed on page 14 ] until i saw the "Missing" poster on page 16 !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I LOVE that!!! I think it is OBVIOUS from this that Olivier misses working on a book as fulfilling artistically as the Legion...

Come on home, Olivier!!!

(We won't make you waste your entire storyarc on a bunch of ugly green containment suits, that's for dang sure...)

i have to agree with you there KP !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:

Come on home, Olivier!!!

Nope, nope, nope this won't do. I REALLY like Batista's work. It is obvious that they are just going to have to start a second book to accomodate both! [Smile]
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh... I miss Oliver. [Frown]

(PS Thanx for posting this for us DC-Whores that don't regularly buy Marvel crap... I mean comics. [Smile] )

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty sneaky, Oli! Luv it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
someone better inform the Legion List, especially those Anal Retentives! [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
someone better inform the Legion List, especially those Anal Retentives! [Big Grin]

Already done! [Big Grin]

No one seemed to care as they are too busy debating the JLA/Avengers AR Legion appearance. Which I don't know about since I'm trying to avoid spoilers until I pick up the book.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:

Already done! [Big Grin]

No one seemed to care as they are too busy debating the JLA/Avengers AR Legion appearance. Which I don't know about since I'm trying to avoid spoilers until I pick up the book.

do you mean they are saying the LEGION appear in issue #1 of "JLA / AVENGERS" ???

Matthew.

Lightning Lad
Founder

I think they were referring to an AR appearance, indirectly. Here's the post that started the discussion:

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Hill
Okay, this is so indirect it hardly counts, but there are a few Legion tie-ins in the gorgeous new series:

The theme is basically "you've gotten your Marvel in my DC" and in one panel, Lobo (who I think showed up briefly in V.4) was seen battling the Imperial Guard. Perez has them all very clearly in their exact Cockrum designed Legion "homage" costumes from their X-men debut. Hilarious little panel.

This is sort of a fun echo of a comment Hawkeye makes later in the issue,when he calls the JLA 'lame Squadron Supreme knockoffs.'

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
I think they were referring to an AR appearance, indirectly. Here's the post that started the discussion:

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Hill
Okay, this is so indirect it hardly counts, but there are a few Legion tie-ins in the gorgeous new series:

The theme is basically "you've gotten your Marvel in my DC" and in one panel, Lobo (who I think showed up briefly in V.4) was seen battling the Imperial Guard. Perez has them all very clearly in their exact Cockrum designed Legion "homage" costumes from their X-men debut. Hilarious little panel.

This is sort of a fun echo of a comment Hawkeye makes later in the issue,when he calls the JLA 'lame Squadron Supreme knockoffs.'

thanks for the reply, Scott !!!

i found the page .... there are quite a few characters that look a bit like LEGIONNAIRES !!!

i spotted a .... COSMIC BOY, DREAM GIRL, WILDFIRE, LIGHTNING LAD, SHADOW LASS, TIMBER WOLF, PHANTOM GIRL, CHAMELEON BOY and BRAINIAC 5 !!!

Matthew.

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
There's also an AR appearance by a race of Legion villians in JLA/AVENGERS #1.

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.