Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
That is such a classic looking Grell cover! I think I've died and gone to heaven.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
It IS a classic looking Grell cover! Even his pencils are very tight and clear like they used to be, unlike his more recent works.

Thanks for posting the link, Tromium. [Smile]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! What happend to Light Lass's emblem on the splash page?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, something I was thinking about and a nagging little irritation.

The Founders say to Clark "Oh you have never seen flying kids before." Yet in this Post-Crisis Earth, we have the Justice Society that fought in WWII. So flying people, although probably not common, would not be unknown. Kind of takes away the whole alienated Clark vibe.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
True, but this is in small-town Kansas, pre-internet and pre-cable.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure I remember an issue from a couple of years back with a young Clark dreaming about the JSA after watching old footage...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by reckless:
I was confused about the changes to Dawnstar and Wildfire. From the story, these Legionnaires are only slightly more than six months removed from the Lightning Saga. So it seem weird that Dawnstar's and Wildfire's looks would have changed so much. I hope they don't change every Legionnaire's look after using the silver age looks to convince the readers that this is the same as the pre-boot Legion.

Or are the new looks a hint that maybe this is not the Lightning Saga Legion at all Maybe this is another universe Legion that knew about the Lightning Saga and used that to trick Superman into coming to the 30th century.

My theory is that these adventures take place much later than the lightning saga stories and that Earth's sun is that way because of what probably happend during The Crisis. I would say this "original" legion stories take place in after the battle with The Infinite Man.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll certainly have to get that Grell cover.

Looks like Brainiac Five is back in the mix by this issue. Polar Boy too. And, could that be Lightning Lord that Dawnstar is toying with?

Still don't know who the other two bad guys could be.

Nice touch that they're fighting on an L.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Looks like Brainiac Five is back in the mix by this issue. Polar Boy too. And, could that be Lightning Lord that Dawnstar is toying with?

Oh, I thought it was Element Lad in the middle but it's so danged hard to tell who's who. Assuming the guy Dawnstar is holding is Mekt (I took it to be LL at first), is this a clue he's the dark guy in the black robes -- because it sure looks like she's "unrobing" him. (But why would Mekt, an alien, be part of the "go home, aliens" Justice League?)

[ November 04, 2007, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just went by the force field belt for Brainy. And it does seem an odd look and situation for Mekt; maybe it's actually a shapeshifter.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I was trying to find a villain who is connected both with the Legion AND Superman and who might have something to do with stellar powers that would explain the change in the sun. And there is one

Pulsar Stargrave!

Here's an excerpt from the entry in wiki:

A native of the planet Colu, Stargrave originally claimed to be the father of Brainiac 5. In later comics, Pulsar Stargrave was believed to be the original Brainiac[i], but this was never confirmed.

In appearance, Stargrave looks like an ordinary Coluan with no hair. At some point before the 30th Century Stargrave's body merged with that of a star as it went supernova, giving him [i]the ability to harness and control stellar energy.

Stargrave is an extremely powerful figure, on par with other Legion opponents such as Mordru and the Time Trapper. In his quest for galactic conquest he teamed up with Glorith, and often manipulated the Legion, especially Brainiac 5.

And the robot Brainy used to contact Superman is reminiscent of Brainiac. What do you think?

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Man! There is NO pleasing some people. And I thought I was a harsh critic.

[LOL]

We're notorious for it.

So, I got my copy of Action late but at least I the got it. There's something wrong with this Superman. I'm betting that this is one of those alternate Earths. The origin's off, the coloring's off, the art's off, are these guys Qwardian or something?

Could it be that "The Three Legions" will be alternate Earth Legionnaires we've never actually seen before? That would be disappointing, I was hoping for different eras or "restore points" for various LSH versions. It would make us all happier to see the DnA Legion fight alongside the WnK Legion as well as filling out the story with pre-Crisis Legionnaires.

The "thousand years in the past" bit confuses me too. What does Superman's history have to do with a planetary civil war? Are we going to find out more about the farmer and the alien baby? Following Jor-El's example may not be such a good idea.
I mean, I may love the stories about King Arthur but I'm hardly going to bundle up my child and ship him off to England.

I almost feel like I'm reading a random issue of last year's Supergirl series...wtf?..

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully enough time has passed to fill in some gaps...

Here's the Alternate Cover -

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the Grell cover for posterity (when the link no longer works) -

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it just me or does this Saturn Girl really look a lot like Anna Nichole Smith?..without the implants..
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.