Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm also super excited.

I hope Johns uses some of the post crisis Levitz and 5YL stuff. Nothing major but a nod here or there.

The Sensor Girl/Projectra becoming leader stuff. The Universo & Starfinger arcs & possibly the Magic Wars.

The Time Trapper battle gets hairy cause that is revenge for killing Superboy. But that can be tweaked. Laurel Kent as a Manhunter obviously would not be around. But Laurel Kent will be!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
IGN Article

quote:
IGN Comics: Since Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC has went to great pains to remove Superboy from Legion continuity. With the return of the Legion to Superman's back-story, what does that do to the whole mess that has been Legion continuity? Or is that better left for an editor or future Legion writers to worry about?

Johns: The good thing is that you can pick up Adventure Comics #300 and that happened. You can pick up any Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes story and that happened. You can pick up the new trade coming out that Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen did, and that happened. All those are back-stories, so if you want to read them, the stories are there. Really, we're sticking with everything that happened up through Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The original non-crack whore Supergirl was in Crisis and LSH #300, plus a few SLSH issues (as was Insect Queen and Pete Ross). Does this mean all of those stories are still intact?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope so Gary I hope so. I know they revealed the 3rd kryptonian to be some obscure character (SPOILER don't want to ruin it for people) but I was really hoping to it would be Kara.

I still think it might be and Kurt Busiek is trying keep it a secret. What use is that obscure character when you have the ability to bring back Kara.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The figure on the cover for Superman #669 certainly looks female, at any rate. But I don't know anything about this "3rd Kryptonian thing; I only heard about it yesterday.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So Adv. #300 features a teenage convict Lex Luthor being visited by Superboy, and then building an Adult Robot version of himself to send to the future and fight the Legion. I'll be absolutely shocked if all of that is "in-continuity" (except maybe in some vague sense in which Batman of Earth-2 is now "in-continuity" or whatever).
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

quote:
"There's a pretty big project coming up for '08 that I have got to start getting ready for but it's going to take up a hell of a lot more time.”

Johns confirmed he actually has two projects for 2008 that will likely be announced by the end of the year and that he is currently working with some of the pertinent characters right now.

Taken from a CBR article focusing on the JSA. I hope it's a Legion title. I would love to see three Legion titles!
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
quote:
"There's a pretty big project coming up for '08 that I have got to start getting ready for but it's going to take up a hell of a lot more time.”

Johns confirmed he actually has two projects for 2008 that will likely be announced by the end of the year and that he is currently working with some of the pertinent characters right now.

Taken from a CBR article focusing on the JSA. I hope it's a Legion title. I would love to see three Legion titles!
If I were a religious person I'd say "I'm praying for it". [Big Grin]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw an interview recently with Scott Kolins and he is DC exclusive again. He said he and Geoff are working on a project together. Makes you wonder...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Craig, don't even joke around like that! That's a bitter sweet dilemna! I'm not a huge Kolins fan.
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Scott Kolins? Isn't that one of those no-name pinch hitter /artists?

Yeah if they want a book to fail, they improve the chances by assigning it to such a low-budget artist... [Frown]

I really hope that should there be a LS-Legion book, that they actually give it to an decent artist (not to dream about Pérez or Frank) cause, let's face it: The art is still like the calling card of a book. If it looks lousy, nobody will pick it up no matter how good the stuff is written. But if a great cover kind of jumps at you from the shelves... you'll pick it up even if you don't care about the content that much.

Probably the only way to get more new readers to jump on the "continuity challenged" Legion wagon is by luring them in with the art...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Scott Kolins is the guy who drew the messed-up Timber Wolf cover for the most recent issue of S&LSH. If that cover is representative, my preference would be not to have to look at his work ever again.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Oh no he did do that new Legion cover. Now I'm getting paranoid. I think Kolins is a decent artist and a nice guy. I think Geoff like working with him (Flash). But unless it's a mini or a fill in I'm really not that interested.

Sure there are lots of people that love his work but lots of people that hate his work as well. I don't know if you want a love/hate guy to jump start a series. ohwell my Kolins rant is over.

Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh, Johns/Kolins would be a nightmare come true. The only reason I'm giving this speculation any credence at all is DC's mystifying decision to replace Dennis' cover with Kolins'. I pray they weren't trying to tell us something.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
Scott Kolins? Isn't that one of those no-name pinch hitter /artists?

Yeah if they want a book to fail, they improve the chances by assigning it to such a low-budget artist... [Frown]

I really hope that should there be a LS-Legion book, that they actually give it to an decent artist (not to dream about Pérez or Frank) cause, let's face it: The art is still like the calling card of a book. If it looks lousy, nobody will pick it up no matter how good the stuff is written. But if a great cover kind of jumps at you from the shelves... you'll pick it up even if you don't care about the content that much.

Probably the only way to get more new readers to jump on the "continuity challenged" Legion wagon is by luring them in with the art...

Oh, I might buy a single issue for a great cover, but if the story stinks, I won't buy the next issue. You know, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
If it's the Legion I'll buy it anyway and then gripe about it for months, but really it'd be a nightmare come true if a new title has bad art from the first issue...
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.