Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Lard Lad Lard Lad has just turned 52
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
New Newsarama interview with Johns up regarding this arc.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
New Newsarama interview with Johns up regarding this arc.

about time that Shadow Lass and Night Girl gets to team up as it should always have been way back in Grell era! Yeah!!!!

Polar Boy and Blok - can't wait to see them by Gary Frank! definitely a bonus thumb up!

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope it's better than the last Shadow Lass/Night Girl teamup. If you don't remember that one, you're lucky.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh yeah I remember that one - S/LSH #213. [Smile] Yeah, Geoff said that 'BAD ASS Night Girl..." so I was like whoa allright about time as it should be better than that one way back in Grell time.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually it was in #212. And what was wrong with it? It was just an 8 page back-up story. The only thing I didn't like was Night Girl's "costume".

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
There's been one since then. As I say, you're lucky.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Jamm]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Blok?! Polar Boy?! Shadow Lass/Night Girl?! I've died and gone to heaven!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Everybody? Almost everybody? Oh, God, I'm having shivers down my spine and it's not because it's cold. I think I've died and gone to heaven like Ultra Jorge...
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns gives another interview at IGN, and makes a clearer statement about what continuity the Lightning Saga/Action Legion includes.

quote:
"The good thing is that you can pick up Adventure Comics #300 and that happened. You can pick up any Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes story and that happened. You can pick up the new trade coming out that Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen did, and that happened. All those are back-stories, so if you want to read them, the stories are there. Really, we're sticking with everything that happened up through Crisis on Infinite Earths."
Johns calls Waid/Shooter Legion the "modern day version", which again begs the question why the modern day Superman has a past with the unmodern Legion of Earth 1 -- or what's passing for it in this story. The more I read about this arc, the more convinced I am of its dishonest and manipulative intent, and dread it all the more.

[ October 20, 2007, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
[Confused] [Confused] Why is it dishonest and manipulative to bring back all that "lost" continuity along with the possibility of new stories - possibly a new title? - that will honor this vast part of Legion history which includes everything that made the Legion great in the past?

Otoh, I don't exactly like the phrase "up through Crisis on Infinite Earths" because it seems to suggest that everything that happened after CoIE will be "out of continuity/never happened" which also suggests that another fairly vast part of Legion history will "not have happened".

This latter part may not be my favorite Legion era(s) but"doing away" with it is somehow like cheating all the fans who love that/those eras.

I'm ecstatic with the prospect of seeing "that" Legion, the one I grew up with, be a living part of the DCU again, more than ecstatic really, but I don't feel comfortable at all with eliminating other people's favorite Legion eras (which had their good points, and they ARE the Legion anyway).

Let's hope that what with multiple versions of the Legion floating around, every Legion era will be honored in one way or another.

[ October 20, 2007, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Reading the above Johns statement makes me.... happy.

Oh my, to get all those stories back...

Those stories up to COIE (which is way into the baxter series, if I recall correctly) are part of my childhood, loved those when I grew up, painted my Playmobil toys in Legion colours, read the few books that were translated into German over and over and over again. To bring them back after ruthlessly erasing all of them 14 years ago gives me a lot of satisfaction, and even though my ALSO beloved 5YL era has to go, I'll gladly trade that one for the basis of Legion of Super-Heroes returning to the DCU. KUDOS! (still not believing it until I see if, of course [Smile] )

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to read the Johns interviews, but I hardly can so so cause I'm so excited I stop reading it in the right order and start combing through it, trying to find important key words... thus eliminating the chance of getting all the information, but hey, I'm a fan, so sue me [Smile]
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
I tried to read the Johns interviews, but I hardly can so so cause I'm so excited I stop reading it in the right order and start combing through it, trying to find important key words... thus eliminating the chance of getting all the information, but hey, I'm a fan, so sue me [Smile]

Funny, that was my reaction as well. Can't wait. And I am also a fan of the 5YL era, but like you, I'm OK to see it go if we get to see something like the Levitz Legion. Even if it has to be a modified version. If we are being manipulated, well, it's OK with me.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.