Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
LSaga Val and Una suggest that they have never met Supergirl before last issue. So either they are lying or the pre-crisis Supergirl has been erased from the Legion's history.

I doubt anyone in the universe(s) clearly remembers Earth 1 Kara, but I don't trust anything the LSaga Legionnaires remember or don't remember. If it's been mentioned it once, it's been mentioned ten times -- time traveling screws with your head. I imagine the memory lapses are even worse when you've been dead for a while and/or have an OMAC virus.

I wouldn't be surprised if LSaga Brainy had some vestigal memories of Earth 1 Kara, though.

As for Una -- here's the new wacky theory of the week -- she's the first dead Triplicate Girl (a name she's been called more than once), whose killing was replayed in the Lightning Saga. Say, she was punched back to life during Infinite Crisis and has yet to fully reintegrate with Duo Damsel. I figure if Karate Kid was granted a cosmic permit to rise from the dead, why not her, too?

Whatever the twist (there has to be one!), I'm wagering there's more than one LSaga Luornu, and most or all of the Time Trapper stuff is a wash.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Good call Trom. Una is the dead one. KK already said the founders saved him or brought him back or something. Wouldn't mind seeing Ferro Lad either. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
As for Una -- here's the new wacky theory of the week -- she's the first dead Triplicate Girl (a name she's been called more than once), whose killing was replayed in the Lightning Saga. Say, she was punched back to life during Infinite Crisis and has yet to fully reintegrate with Duo Damsel. I figure if Karate Kid was granted a cosmic permit to rise from the dead, why not her, too?

Trom,
I proposed the same Una theory last month in the Countdown thread. Great minds must think alike!! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Wonky as it may be, the Una theory fits thematically, at least. Whether it's the resurrection of Lightning Lad, the rescue of a dead(?) Flash, Karate Kid's return from the grave, the recurring theme of the Lightning Saga Legion is coming back from the dead -- literally and figuratively.

So, yeah, possibly more undead stuff to come, but Ferro Lad will probably be Shooter's call.

P.S. Sorry I overlooked that one, Omni Craig. Belated credit where credit is due. [Smile]

[ October 05, 2007, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem Tromium, I'm just glad someone else has the same theory... I don't feel like such a crackpot for thinking it. [Smile]

And you gave a great argument for her return to life up there (as far as life & death goes in the land of comics anyway)!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, just finished reading the Lightning Saga JLA/JSA issues. It was fantastic seeing that Legion again, even though it's by no means certain it's not an alternate Legion. From the JLA/JSA's point of view this "Legion" was tantamount to "first contact" with another "universe" and the writing did give me that "feel" and I loved the story. And the art was gorgeous.

It left many questions unanswered, but I have a question for you, people. Maybe it's been answered somewhere before but I can't find any reference about it. I hope it won't sound too silly.
Why did Sensor Girl use the original Triplicate Girl in her illusion, thus tipping Superman off that everything was in fact an illusion? Considering that what the Legionnaires wanted was some more time, this unexplainable "mistake" by Projectra actually jeopardized their mission.
If she had used the older "80s" Duo Damsel Superman wouldn't have realised it was an illusion when he did. Maybe Projectra did this on purpose but I can't imagine why. Am I missing something here? Can someone explain this, pls?

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
Why did Sensor Girl use the original Triplicate Girl in her illusion, thus tipping Superman off that everything was in fact an illusion? Considering that what the Legionnaires wanted was some more time, this unexplainable "mistake" by Projectra actually jeopardized their mission.

Jeckie was still in a trance when she created the TG illusion. It must have come from her subconscious.
Dain
Active

Ah, I see. That sounds logical. Thank you, Tromium.
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's kind of weird she'd pick something from before she was actually a member of the Legion as well.

Of course, the real reason that scene was picked was for the nostalgia factor it would have with fans rather than whether it made any sense within the context of the story.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Well, if I remember correctly all Legionnaires are required to read/view past adventures as part of their education. Jeckie had probably seen the death of Triplicate Girl's body in the Legion files. Even if there was no "video footage" of it, reading about it in detail would have created a fair approximation of images in her subconscious that she could use later in the illusion.
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In the latest issue of Countdown?

AYYEEEIII!!!!

God, it had been a while since I had heard a "legion" scream... Like 20 years?

It felt good anyway. [Smile]

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I like KK on the cover. He looked pretty cool. (Countdown)
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll ask again, I'm so confused: When exactly was it established that KK was suffering from this virus? I read all of Countdown until now, and the fact was suddenly just there... did I miss it or was it off-panel or what is going on here????
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Adding to the Una theory, she always refers to her larger self as "triplicate Girl," not "Duo Damsel" as she theoratically would be in an 80s-ish LSH. Wasn't she DD in Super's gallery in JLA? I don't have those issues with me these days.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

In Supergirl #22, Una verifies she's Triplicate Girl and her two other selves are in the 31st century.

(She didn't say which sister she was, though.)

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.