Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The Time Trapper would make sense but so does Darkseid since the New Gods are a pivotal part of this also.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
The Time Trapper made a one panel appearance recently in Brave & Bold #6 in the Book of Destiny.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
..and Una..what happened to her second body? Do we know that yet?

I dunno. In Supergirl #21 (the current issue, written by Legion scribe, Tony Bedard), Una says her Legion name is Triplicate Girl. Now, that's in direct contradiction to the Duo Damsel statue in Superman's Fortess, but Karate Kid did address her as Triplicate Girl once before in Countdown.

At this stage, though I'm pretty sure Una is just one girl, I have no idea how many bodies Lighting Saga Luornu actually has -- and I suspect DC intends it to be all confusing and mysterious.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
The Time Trapper made a one panel appearance recently in Brave & Bold #6 in the Book of Destiny.

That might've been Destiny (brother to Dream).
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You know I am wondering if Una is just a name that they give themselves/are given by others to help differentiate between the three bodies Trip splits into. Sort of like a Triad Orange, Triad Neutral etc.

So maybe out there, we have a Dos and a Tres. Or perhaps an Un, Deux and Trois exist or some version of these numerical names.

After all just because we have not seen the other bodies don’t mean they aren’t there.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooo... good point Far.

I always wondered about that. Suppose one of Duo Damsel's bodies went back in time with a team and left her "sister" in the future. While not being able to replicate would effectively negate her "power" I wonder would there be any other advantages to the tactic?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
That might've been Destiny (brother to Dream).

I have no idea who Destiny or Dream are, but I'm sure you're probably right - after all, it was the Book of Destiny.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Go to your next comic book shop and read your Sandman, Kid Quislet [Smile] It's essential comic book art - I know of nobody who didn't like it...
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
Go to your next comic book shop and read your Sandman, Kid Quislet [Smile] It's essential comic book art - I know of nobody who didn't like it...

Well, now you know of one person who didn't like it -- ME!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with CK. I think they're "essential" to every comic reader's education.

Still, it isn't the art (on Sandman) that I think is so essential, though in it's way it's phenomenal too and helped pave the way for a looser, darker type of comic book art to gain mainstream acceptability. The stories are such high quality that I really believe they're on the level of "The Watchmen", or the original serialized run of the first year of "Marvelman" (later Miracleman), maybe even better than the first couple of years of "The Elementals" by Willingham.
Outstanding writing.

A really cool read too.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Latest issue of Action? Any Legion? Any Supergirls?
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
This arc of Action Comics is set on Bizarro world. So, no Supergirls or Legion. Next arc, I think.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
..and Una..what happened to her second body? Do we know that yet?

I dunno. In Supergirl #21 (the current issue, written by Legion scribe, Tony Bedard), Una says her Legion name is Triplicate Girl. Now, that's in direct contradiction to the Duo Damsel statue in Superman's Fortess, but Karate Kid did address her as Triplicate Girl once before in Countdown.

At this stage, though I'm pretty sure Una is just one girl, I have no idea how many bodies Lighting Saga Luornu actually has -- and I suspect DC intends it to be all confusing and mysterious.

If the Lightning Saga Legion is from a timeline that is simular to one that continued on from the Baxter era than Una was down to just one body. She lost the first to Computo all those years ago and then the 2nd in their last battle with the Time Trapper.
Thats the way I have interpretted the apperances of the Lightning Sage Legion anyway. Their history is close to the classic Legion up until the end of the Baxter series but not into the 5 Years Latter Legion. It changes then. I could be wrong.

From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
In the latest issue of Supergirl (22 this week) Kara reveals 3-boot Brainy wiped her memory before giving her a one-way ticket home.
LSaga Val and Una suggest that they have never met Supergirl before last issue.

So either they are lying or the pre-crisis Supergirl has been erased from the Legion's history. So is a Legion without Brainy building a robot in his sleep an original Legion? Perhaps Laurel took her place, perhaps in the Lightning Saga version of the robot story, Brainy was pining for Laurel when she joined the Convent because she rejected the disco revival of 2976. I might join a monastery too if the alternative was a white leisure suit.

Upon review I actually like my version better than the version in the archive. And so Squealer led the sheep to the field and they came back singing a new song, "Archives Good, Retcon Bahhhter."

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
If the Lightning Saga Legion is from a timeline that is simular to one that continued on from the Baxter era than Una was down to just one body. She lost the first to Computo all those years ago and then the 2nd in their last battle with the Time Trapper.
Thats the way I have interpretted the apperances of the Lightning Sage Legion anyway. Their history is close to the classic Legion up until the end of the Baxter series but not into the 5 Years Latter Legion. It changes then. I could be wrong.

Yes, but the battle in which the Trapper killed one of Duo Damsel's bodies was prompted by the death of the pocket-universe Superboy. So we're not quite out of the woods yet.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.