Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh Ultra Boy - loved that cover....especially that Legion logo and Tyroc's next-to-final appearance. *sniff* Nostalgia works! *sniff*
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
oh Ultra Boy - loved that cover....especially that Legion logo and Tyroc's next-to-final appearance. *sniff* Nostalgia works! *sniff*

FYI: Superboy, Tyroc made one final pre-CRISIS appearence before Levitz decided to get rid of him completely - it was during the SECRETS OF THE LSH (the RJ Brande/Cham family connection three-parter). I hope that is, at least, a small comfort to you. [Smile]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
i've had other sketches done by some french artists.

They are artists i know and one do it for me as a gift before i leave to the USA, and i asked the others to do a sketch showing, in their way, characters from LOSH. I thought it would be interesting to see.

One made me the character from his french comics with the costume of Kid Quantum from The Legion.
I also have a great sketch of M'onel and Saturn Girl from pictures in Legion Worlds 1.
And the third is Element Lad adapted from Barry Kitson's design.

I will scan them this week-end and i will try to put all that here with my Andromeda sketch from Adam Hughes i was talking about in my last message here.

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
While this is not a "Con Sketch".... this is a piece that I got at a con!

At Mid-Ohio-Con this weekend Chris Sprouse had brought this along for me to purchase.

This is the Costume/Character Design sheet for Mano of The Fatal Five, from the Legionnaires series in 1993.

-

For a larger image CLICK HERE!

I love the use of all the ink & whiteout that you can really see in the larger image.

Last year @ MOC I had gotten most of the other Costume/Character Design sheets from Chris & I will try to get those up sometime soon too!

Hope you like.

LLLater!

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh, pretty. [Big Grin]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Keeping the thread going. . . . . [Big Grin Bounce]

Here is a sketch done a few years back for me by Mike Grell.

Hope you enjoy!

LLLater!

Click to enlarge:
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just got this from Mark Waid and Amanda Conner at Wizard World LA:
 -

And these were from Wondercon 2006:
 -
 -

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Love them MEL! How awesome.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Vu! Hey, I'm still waiting to see Querl Dox's amazing sounding sketches!!!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for reminding me about it, MEL.

Andromeda by Adam Hughes:
 -

Saturn Girl and M'onel from pictures in Legion World #1 by a french artist whose a friend of mine:
 -
The scan on this one is really bad i think, the sketch is really better than that. we can't see all the shades/nuances of it. it is really better than what it looks like here.

and then, there is Element Lad from the latest design of Legion of Super-Heroes by Barry Kitson, a little re-interpreted by another french artist whose a friend of mine:
 -

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Those are awesome QD! Was the Andromeda one done on orange paper or was it colored in? The other two are really well done as well. You should look in to comic book conventions in your area now that you're in Michigan. There's Motor City Con for example but I'm not sure how far that is from you:
http://www.motorcityconventions.com/motor_city_comic_con/

Querl Dox
Applicant

Hey! Thanks for the link MEL!

it's great, it's near where i live. i only need 1 hour driving to go to Novi.

So this convention is in May. I will start preparing my trip, and buy my tickets!

As for the sketches, only the third one is on a white paper. The first two are on colored paper.

For Adam Hughes, i had a look at her costume and brought with me a paper the same color.

The other colored one, the french artist whose my friend do some painting on it as you can see, and the color of the paint and the paper's color where mixing as the paint was drying on it, creating so much shades, nuances on it.

That's why i'm telling in my previous post that the scan is bad because we can't see that.

[ April 01, 2006, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Querl,

Thanks for sharing. Those are nice.

Off course I especially like the Hughes, and love the colored paper!

Very cool. Good luck on more in the future!

LLLater!

[Ultra Boy - Re-Imagined]

--------------------
UltraBoy

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool Querl. Love the reinterpretation of Jan.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a Ultra Boy/Apparition by Chris Sprouse. It took him about 6 months to get it to me, so he penciled/inked and colored it. Great guy to talk too as well.

I have a Jeff Moy Ultra Boy.

I have a bunch of other convention art as well.

Flash head by Ringo

GL - Kyle - head by Banks

Golden Age Sandman by Guy Davis

Golden age Flash and GL by ... Matt ...cannot remember his name right now, but he did the dead JSA'er dinner issue of Starman.

Booster Gold by Jurgens

Batman by Kelly Jones

plus others.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.